The Good News
The Gospel is the Good News about Jesus Christ! The Bible tells us what the Gospel is:“For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believes in him shall not perish, but have everlasting life.” (John chapter 3 verse 16)
The “Gospel” is a message of hope for everyone who believes. It shows us the way that we can know our creator, God and how we can receive everlasting eternal life. Basically, the Gospel message is the message or instruction on how to get to heaven. The Bible has four books in it that are called “Gospels”. They are the New Testament books of Matthew, Mark, Luke and John. Each of these Gospel books contain first-hand accounts of the birth, life, ministry, death & resurrection of Jesus Christ, the Messiah. But who is Jesus? Jesus is God’s Son and also God himself. In fact, through Him, all things were created. The Holy Bible teaches that God is the Father, the Son (Jesus) and the Holy Spirit. Everyone of us sins.
- “Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.”(John 3:3)
- “All we like sheep have gone astray; we have turned every one to his own way; and the LORD hath laid on him the iniquity of us all.” (Isaiah 53:6)
- “As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one.”(Romans 3:10)
- “For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God.”(Romans 3:23)
There is a punishment for sin – A place called Hell.
- “For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.”(Romans 6:23)
- “Wherefore, as by one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned.”(Romans 5:12)
- “In flaming fire taking vengeance on them that know not God, and that obey not the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ.”(2nd Thessalonians 1:8)
- “And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.”(Revelation 20:15)
- “But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burns with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.”(Revelation 21:8)
But, the good news is that there IS a way out for sinners! Jesus gave His life as a sacrifice to atone (pay the price for) our punishment; he paid our fine, the price for our sins by dying on a cruel rugged cross at the hands of the people He created. He shed His life’s blood that we might live.
- “But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.”(Romans 5:8)
- “For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life”. (John 3:16)
- “This is a faithful saying, and worthy of all acceptation, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners; of whom I am chief.”(1st Timothy 1:15)
- “Forasmuch as ye know that ye were not redeemed with corruptible things, as silver and gold, from your vain conversation received by tradition from your fathers; But with the precious blood of Christ…”(1st Peter 1:18-19)
What this means is that by believing in Jesus Christ ALONE we can be saved; Salvation is NOT found in religious practices or by “doing good things”. It is found only through the sacrifice of the Lord JESUS CHRIST!
- “Jesus said unto her, I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believes in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live.”(John 11:25)
- “Jesus said unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man comes unto the Father, but by me.”(John 14:6)
- “And this is the will of him that sent me, that every one who sees the Son, and believes in him, may have everlasting life: and I will raise him up at the last day.”(John 6:40)
- “For other foundation can no man lay than that is laid, which is Jesus Christ.”(1st Corinthians 3:11)
- “For ye are all the children of God by faith in Christ Jesus.”(Galatians 3:26)
- “And saying, The time is fulfilled, and the kingdom of God is at hand: repent ye, and believe the gospel.”(Mark 1:15)
- “To open their eyes, and to turn them from darkness to light, and from the power of Satan unto God, that they may receive forgiveness of sins, and inheritance among them which are sanctified by faith that is in me.”(Acts 26:18)
- “For whosoever shall all upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.”(Romans 10:13)